Dignity 2014 – Celebrating Impact in India
Crypt on the Green | 6:30PM - 10:00PM
Clerkenwell Close, London | View Map
London+Acumen, one of the 26 volunteer-led chapters supporting Acumen, is hosting its 4th annual flagship DIGNITY event to highlight the importance of dignity, not dependence, in changing the way the world tackles poverty. What keeps people from realising their full potential is lack of choice and opportunity. It is that choice that allows people to feel dignified.
Watch this recent one-to-one interview with Jacqueline Novogratz, the Founder and CEO of Acumen, on ‘Dignity’.
This year’s DIGNITY event will focus on Acumen’s work in India. During the evening, you will view the personal stories of both customers and entrepreneurs of Acumen’s investees in India and hear about the importance of dignity in Acumen’s work. Join us for an exquisite night out with amazing artistic Indian performances, fantastic networking opportunities as well as drinks and canapés.
When: Monday, November 24 2014 from 18:30 to 22:00
Where: The Crypt on the Green, Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0EA
Speakers: Keynote speaker is Tom Adams, Director of Impact at Acumen
Discussion topics will include:
- What dignity means for Acumen’s work in India and why providing it to the poor is one of the core beliefs of Acumen.
- How impact is measured and reported in India looking at Acumen’s investments as an example.
- The investment cycle of social enterprises in India with specific examples and stories.
- How the socio-political context of India is influencing the work of social enterprises.
- 18:30 Registration
- 19:00 Welcome by London+Acumen
- 19:10 Conversation with Tom Adams
- 19:30 Indian dance performances, drinks, auction and exhibition until 22:00
Keep up-to-date on Twitter with #Dignity2014 hashtag!
Tickets + Info
Early Bird tickets are available for £20 until November 10th. Student tickets are available at £20.£30