London+Acumen PITCH for social enterprise – now open for submissions!
We are excited to announce that applications for London+Acumen’s social enterprise PITCH competition are now open!
Increasingly, as highlighted by Nesta’s 2014 New Radicals released earlier this month, social ventures are playing a much larger rolein the delivery of key services to our communities, mainly in sectors such as education, food, healthcare, finance and technology. We hope that the PITCH competition will give us a glimpse of the social ventures and teams that have already developed innovative ways of delivering social benefit or have the potential to be at the driving force of social change.
Since London+Acumen last held the PITCH event back in 2011, the social enterprise space both in London and globally, has seen significant advancements, and weare looking forward to seeing the fantastically innovative and impactful enterprises, charities and nonprofit organisations this year’s competition will throw up.
The goal of London+Acumen’s PITCH is to take the impact of these programs even further through support, exposure and mentorship. We are seeking applications from high potential social ventures or projects from any industry.
Once submissions have closed, the L+A team will select five social enterprises to pitch to our panel of judges on the evening. This expert panel, with representatives from the fields of social enterprise, impact investing, corporate innovation and venture capital, will be responsible for picking one final winner.
Prizes are yet to be announced, but will include a structured program of business mentorship, support for investment readiness & access to social impact investors and funds.
If you are part of a team that is trying to make an impact by generating measurable social or environmental benefit, here is what you need to know to apply:
- For-profit or not for-profit model that creates social impact
- Must have completed proof of concept or have been in operation with minimum viable product (MVP) & existing customer base to prove product/ service viability
- Core team in place
- Any geographical focus (domestic/ international)
- Any sector focus
- One of your team must be available and able to pitch on the evening of Thursday 9th October in London
- Innovation and disruption – uniqueness of the idea
- Social/environmental impact – clear social mission, with breadth/ depth of projected social/environmental impact & your vision of how the social benefit can be measured
- Sustainability – viability of the business model
- Scalability – size of opportunity and potential for scaling-up
How to apply:
Complete the London+Acumen PITCH Business Plan Application form and along with it, send the three required powerpoint slides to email@example.com with the email title “PITCH 2014 – Application documents – [your venture’s name]” by 17:00 on Sunday 28 September 2014.
If you have any questions about the competition, application form or process, please email the Pitch team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “PITCH 2014″ in the subject line.
Good luck – we look forward to receiving your applications!