DEADLINE EXTENDED: London+Acumen PITCH 2015 for social enterprises – call for applications!
London+Acumen PITCH 2015 for social enterprises – open for submissions!
We are excited to announce that applications for London+Acumen’s social enterprise PITCH 2015 competition are now open!
Social ventures play an increasingly significant role in the delivery of key services to our communities, mainly in sectors such as education, food, healthcare, finance and technology. The London+Acumen PITCH competition gives us a glimpse into some of the social enterprises that are at the forefront of developing innovative solutions, benefiting communities both in the UK and across the globe.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, this year’s London+Acumen PITCH event is being supported by Wayra in Central London. Wayra is a startup accelerator and ground-breaking partnership between UnLtd, the world’s largest supporter of social entrepreneurs, and Wayra, Telefonica’s global tech start-up accelerator programme. Wayra helps the best entrepreneurs to grow and build successful businesses.
Once submissions have closed, the London+Acumen team will select 5 social enterprises to pitch to a panel of judges on the evening and an audience of 100+. The expert judging panel, with representatives from the fields of social enterprise, impact investing, corporate innovation and venture capital, will be responsible for picking one final winner. The judging panel includes:
Vinay Nair – Director of Business Development, Social and Sustainable Capital (SASC)
Pooja Warier – Co-Founder & CEO, UnLtd India
Gary Stewart – Head of Wayra UK
Ben Allen – Founder & CEO, Oomph
Holly Piper – Head of CAF Venturesome
Prizes include business mentorship from leaders in the London tech space, support for investment readiness & access to social impact investors, a complimentary connection membership from Impact Hub Islington (plus, a reduced rate full membership), a gift pack from our friends at Pact Coffee, as well as some other exciting gifts.
Not sure if PITCH is for you? Here’s what last year’s London+Acumen PITCH winner had to say: “It was a really great experience being involved in last year’s London+Acumen PITCH event – a friendly crowd thoroughly interested in social impact, judges with a lot of experience in the field and most importantly, the opportunity to meet other social entrepreneurs. It’s led to some really great relationships for our social enterprise too.” – Darshan Sanghrajka, Founder, State of Ambition and London+Acumen PITCH 2014 winner.
So, if you are part of an incredible team that is trying to make an impact by generating measurable social or environmental benefit, here is what you need to know to apply:
- A for-profit or not for-profit model that creates social impact
- Must have completed proof of concept or have been in operation with a minimum viable product (MVP) & existing customer base to prove product/ service viability
- Core team in place
- Any geographical focus (domestic/ international)
- Any sector focus
- One of your team must be available and able to pitch on the evening of Thursday 1st October at Wayra in London
- Innovation and disruption – uniqueness of the idea
- Social/environmental impact – clear social mission, with breadth/ depth of projected social/environmental impact & your vision of how the social benefit can be measured
- Sustainability – viability of the business model
- Scalability – size of opportunity and potential for scaling-up
How to apply
Applying is easy! Complete the following steps by 17:00 FRIDAY 18th September to be considered for the competition.
- Complete the London+Acumen PITCH Business Plan Application form online.
- Send the 3 required powerpoint slides to email@example.com with the email title “PITCH 2015 – Application documents – [your venture’s name]”.
If you have any questions about the competition, application form or process, please email the Pitch team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “PITCH 2015″ in the subject line.
Share the call for applications!
If you want to help us promote the competition or know other great social enterprises that you think should apply, please do forward the link along, or tweet about the competition – sample tweet below: